House Volunteers make a difference in the lives of families that come through our doors by hosting, listening, and by simply being there. Volunteers can assist with regular cleaning and organizing based on their comfort level. Individuals work in shifts on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis according to your availability.
- Checking families in and out of the House
- Orienting new families
- Help clean and organize the common areas
- Clean and prepare guest rooms after families check out
- Other light housekeeping and organizing throughout the House
- Front desk coverage includes:
- answering general questions for families
- answering phones
- interacting with donors
- completing administrative tasks
- accepting referrals from the hospital
What it means to be a Long-Term Volunteer
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine is only able to continue operations in Maine with the robust support from our volunteers. Our volunteers make our Houses feel like a
Volunteer positions that fall under “Long Term” are: House Volunteers, Overnight Volunteers, Errand Runners, and Maintenance Volunteers. All volunteers for these positions
must be over 18 and vaccinated for COVID-19.
We have some volunteers who have been with us for over 18 years, and while we don’t expect that commitment from everyone, we do want to cultivate volunteer relationships that are long-lasting! Volunteers must be able to commit to at least 6 months of service.