Our Adopt-a-Room program is a year-long sponsorship for Maine’s two Ronald McDonald Houses in which guest rooms are to help provide:
- A short distance from the hospitals with all the comforts of home! Families enjoy private guest rooms with bathrooms, access to a fully stocked kitchen and home-cooked meals, comfortable common living spaces, playrooms, computers with internet, and laundry facilities.
- Ongoing support from caring volunteers, staff and other families with sick children facing the same fears and hopes.
- Stability for families, so they can focus their energy and attention on their child.
Families drop everything when their child becomes seriously ill or injured, and treatment can often last for days, weeks, or even months. Adopting a guest room will help underwrite our operating costs for these guest rooms, enabling us to serve families at a time when they need it most.
To operate each of our 35 guest rooms, it costs approximately $75/night. In 2017, we served 652 families who stayed for a total of 7,595 nights. Families who stay at our Houses are encouraged to make a $10 per night contribution towards their stay, however with mounting medical bills and travel costs, only about 30% of our families are able to contribute. Knowing the challenges these families are facing, no family is ever turned away.
Any individual, family, organization, business, corporation or foundation can participate in the Adopt a Room program for the two Ronald McDonald Houses in Maine. As an Adopt-A-Room sponsor, you will receive special sponsor benefits for 12 months from the time of your gift.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine is proud to recognize Adopt-a-Room sponsors in the following ways:
- A plaque with your/your organization’s name displayed in selected guest room(s)
- Recognition on the Adopt-a-Room page of our website
- Quarterly Reports with information about the families who have stayed in your room
- Thank You letters from the families who have stayed in your room
- A special meet and greet tour of our Houses to see first-hand the impact they are making on the lives of these families and their children
- Acknowledged for this support in our annual Community Report
You can double your impact, many companies have matching gift programs. Check with your company’s human resources department or payroll department to see if they can double the impact of your gift by matching it.
For more information regarding this sponsorship opportunity, please contact:
Alicia Milne, Development Director,
at 207-780-6282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors!