Whether you are making a first-time gift or you want to add to your past generosity, you can leave a lasting legacy for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine through planned giving.
You can find more information below about bequests and other giving options, or tap the “Plan Your Legacy” button to visit our planned giving service that can walk you through tax-wise strategies and how it will all work.
PLAN YOUR LEGACY – Link is coming soon!
IRA Required Minimum Distribution
Your IRA can be a great source for making simple, tax-free gifts. If you’re 70½ years or older, you can transfer the IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) directly to RMHC Maine (up to $100,000), without having to pay income taxes on your distribution. Ask your accountant or financial advisor today!
Benefits of a charitable IRA rollover:
- Easy way to provide comfort and relief to families.
- Counts towards your IRA’s required minimum distribution.
- No income taxes are paid on the gift. You benefit even if you don’t itemize your deductions.
- Doesn’t increase your adjusted gross income.
- May help you avoid the Medicare high-income surcharge.
- Can mean less of your Social Security is taxable.
- Your contribution may qualify you for a brick recognizing your support in our courtyard.
You can download a sample “Request for Charitable Distribution” to send to your IRA administrator.
*Please consult your personal tax advisor to confirm your individual circumstance.
A bequest is a gift designated in a will or living trust to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine through a percentage of the donor’s estate, a specific dollar amount, the residual of the estate, or a certain piece of personal property. Bequests can be restricted to a specific use, purpose, program, or endowment.
- May reduce estate taxes
- Donor retains asset for remainder of lifetime
- You may choose how and where your gift is used
- You establish a legacy for you, and your children and grandchildren
Suggested Language for a Will
“I hereby bequeath (insert amount, percentage of the estate, or ‘the rest and remainder of my estate’) to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine, a not-for-profit corporation, located in Portland and Bangor, Maine, to be used at the discretion of the Board of Directors of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine.”
Other Giving Options
There are many estate planning options available, including:
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Retirement Plan Assets
- Marketable Securities
We are always available to speak to you and your legal and financial advisors on what the best option may be for you and your family.
We’re here to help you!
Please contact Alicia Milne, Development Director at 207-780-6282 ext. 331 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the following:
- Ask to discuss IRA distribution options.
- Ask for a sample “Request for Charitable Distribution” to send to your IRA administrator.