McDonald’s Owner/Operators, their Employees and their Customers supporting RMHC Maine
In each of the sixty-one McDonald’s located in Maine and the four located in northern New Hampshire, McDonald’s customers toss their change into the donation boxes. A portion of this money directly benefits the RMHC Maine Grants Program through which we help support other non-profits that share our mission of healthy children, healthy families. By partnering with these selected organizations, we have a far broader outreach and a greater positive impact in the lives of children in Maine and northern New Hampshire.
Guidelines for Giving
Extending the reach and impact of donation dollars to designated 501(c)(3) not-for profit organizations, as defined under IRS codes, grants will be considered for review to organizations based on their execution of past and current projects by the following outcomes:
- Demonstrated ability to address specific needs that benefit children ages 0 to 21 years of age.
- Program Performance / Community Outreach
- Management Effectiveness / Measurable Results
- Broad Base of Funding Support / Strong Partnerships with Key Stakeholders
- Financial Sustainability
RMHC Does Not Fund
- Requests from individuals, intermediary funding agencies or for-profit organizations.
- Capital or endowment campaigns, fundraising drives or capital investment costs.
- Advertising, general or administrative costs, on-going salaries or travel expenses.
- Partisan, political or lobbying program/issue/campaign.
- Organizations that promote a particular faith, creed or religious program.
- Organizations that discriminate with respect to membership, and/or the provision of services or use of facilities.
- Organizations under investigation or reported to be under investigation by any state or federal authority.
The 2018 on-line grants application with all of the required files / materials must be uploaded before submitting. All required materials must be included at time of submission. An incomplete application will not be considered for a grant. RMHC Maine will not accept handwritten applications.
- Cover Letter
- IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status Letter
- Current Budget and Balance Sheet
- Detailed and itemized breakdown of budget specific to this project
- Most recent Audited Financial Statement
- Prior 12-month list of up to 10 Business and/or Foundation Supporters
- Board of Directors List
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their project with a McDonald’s Owner/Operator, a Board Member, or a Grants Committee Member, and submit a letter of support, as part of the application process.
Grant Submission Deadlines
The 2018 on-line grants application will be uploaded on July 16 with an application deadline of Friday, August 31, 2018.
Acknowledgement of Receipt
Upon submission of the grant application an email will be sent confirming the receipt of the grant application.
Awarding of Grants
Each proposal submitted will be reviewed by RMHC Maine. All funding decisions are reported by mail. An applicant whose proposal has been approved will receive a Grant Awarded / Letter of Agreement outlining the terms and conditions of the grant.
Responsibility of Recipient
The recipient of an RMHC Maine grant must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose of its original intent as contained in the grant application. The funds must be used within one year from receipt. RMHC Maine requires an accounting of all funds awarded within one year from receipt of the grant. The One-Year Follow-Up Form can be downloaded from the website. It is understood that any funds not used or in the manner specified in the letter of agreement must be returned to RMHC Maine. Any request for a revision regarding use of funds must be submitted in writing with the understanding that approval for revisions may not be granted.