Maine McDonald’s Owner/Operators, their Employees and their Customers supporting RMHC of Maine. In each of the sixty-one McDonald’s located in Maine and the four located in northern New Hampshire, McDonald’s customers toss their change into the donation boxes. A portion of this money directly benefits the RMHC Grants Program through which we help support other non-profits that share our mission of healthy children, healthy families. By partnering with these selected organizations, we have a far broader outreach and a greater positive impact in the lives of children in Maine and northern New Hampshire.
Guidelines for Giving
Extending the reach and impact of donation dollars to designated 501(c) (3) not-for profit organizations, as defined under IRS codes, grants will be considered for review to organizations based on their execution of past and current projects by the following outcomes:
- Demonstrated ability to address specific needs that benefit children ages 0 to 21 years of age.
- Program Performance
- Community Outreach
- Management Effectiveness
- Measurable Results
- Broad Base of Funding Support / Strong Partnerships with Key Stakeholders
RMHC Does Not Fund
- Requests from individuals, intermediary funding agencies or for-profit organizations.
- Capital or endowment campaigns, fundraising drives or capital investment costs.
- Advertising, general or administrative costs, on-going salaries or travel expenses.
- Partisan, political, lobbying or denominational programs.
- Organizations that discriminate with respect to membership and/or the use of services or facilities.
- Organizations under investigation or reported to be under investigation by any state or federal authority.
The on-line grants application is to be used when applying for an RMHC grant with all of the required files / materials uploaded before submitting. All required materials must be included at time of submission. An incomplete application will not be considered for a grant. RMHC will not accept handwritten applications.
- Cover Letter
- IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status Letter
- Current Budget and Balance Sheet
- Detailed and itemized breakdown of budget specific to this project
- Most recent Audited Financial Statement
- Prior 12-month list of up to 10 Business and/or Foundation Supporters
- Board of Directors List
- Applicants are encouraged to discuss their project with a Board Member or McDonald’s Owner/Operator as part of the application process.
Grant Submission Deadlines
Our 2017 Grant Review will be held in September. Application deadline is August 15, 2017.
Acknowledgement of Receipt
Upon submission of the grant application an email will be sent confirming the receipt of the grant application.
Awarding of Grants
Each proposal submitted will be reviewed by RMHC. All funding decisions are reported by mail. An applicant whose proposal has been approved will receive a Grant Awarded / Letter of Agreement outlining the terms and conditions of the grant. An authorized representative must sign and return the letter to RMHC, thereby indicating acceptance of the terms and conditions of the award.
Responsibility of Recipient
The recipient of an RMHC grant must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose of its original intent as contained in the grant application. The funds must be used within one year from receipt. RMHC requires a detailed accounting of all funds awarded within one year from receipt of the grant. The One-Year Follow- Up Form can be downloaded from the website. It is understood that any funds not used or in the manner specified in the letter of agreement must be returned to RMHC. Any request for a revision regarding use of funds must be submitted in writing with the understanding that approval for revisions may not be granted.