When you walk into the kitchen of the Ronald McDonald House and a group of volunteers are preparing a home cooked meal for the families, you can just smell the love in the air. It is the aromas of a home cooked meal or freshly baked cookies, and so much more. It is comfort food that rejuvenates the mind and spirits of families coming home after a long, stressful day at the hospital caring for their loved ones.
“The best part of being a Guest Chef is making the lives of guests a little easier, while they are going through difficult times.” -Casco Bay Sunrise Rotary Club.
- Family meals should serve approximately 25 people for the Portland House, and approximately 15-20 for the Bangor House.
- Dinner is served buffet style at 6 pm. Groups should arrive between 4 – 4:30 p.m.
- Breakfast is served at 9 am on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Groups should be limited to 8 people.
- All food must be prepared in RMH’s kitchen, with the exception of food prepared in a commercial kitchen.
- If you plan to grill, please review our instructions on proper use: Grill Instructions
To Schedule a Meal (current Guest Chefs)
- Review the Guest Chef Calendars below for the respective Houses.
- Email the Bangor or Portland House Manager your date request (date is not guaranteed until confirmation email received).
- Once your meal date has been confirmed, please email your menu to House Manager so it can be added to the calendar below and shared with our guests.
- Email Bangor’s House Manager, Whitney.
- Email Portland’s House Manager, Georgia
- Complete the Volunteer Application, and Background Screening and Confidentiality Forms. (Groups should submit one form using the group lead’s information).
- Download and review the Guest Chef program guidelines for Bangor and Portland.
- Pick an available date from the respective Guest Chef Calendars below.
- Email House Manager Whitney (Bangor) or Georgia (Portland) your date request. This date is not guaranteed until confirmation email has been received. Please arrange to have a House tour at least one week prior to your meal date, or arrive early the day of your meal to get settled.. Please note – you will be asked to provide a few details about your group in the body of the email. Please be sure to provide all requested information.
- Return completed application packet to Whitney or Ray.
Portland Guest Chef Calendar