- RMHC Maine may collect Personal Information (as defined below), such as your first and last names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers; payment information when you make a transaction such as donating to RMHC Maine; demographic information, photographs, gender, and other information about you. We and our service providers may automatically collect certain information while you use the Site, including your Device Identifier (as defined below), browser/operating system, referring URL or advertisement, and all of the areas our Site you visit. There are a variety of technologies that collect this information including cookies, local storage and web beacons. In addition, we may receive information about you from third parties.
- We may use the information we collect for a variety of purposes including to: enable you to use our Site; process your donation; personalize your experience and offers; and provide you with information, opportunities, or services from us and our third-party partners.
- We may also share your information with third parties, including our service providers and Local RMHC Chapters. We do not share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
- We work with advertisers and analytics service providers to target our advertisements elsewhere online, and to provide us information on the effectiveness of our advertisements and Site traffic. We may share non-Personal Information (including hashed or otherwise de-identified personal information) with service providers for these same purposes. Some of the companies participate in a self-regulatory program that allows you to opt-out of having information about you used for targeted advertising. Learn more about third party advertisers and similar third parties on our Site, and the opt-outs they may offer.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information You Provide
Information We Collect Automatically As You Access and Use the Site
We and our third-party service providers (including any third-party content, advertising, and analytics providers) may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information about your use of the Site whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Site, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to our Site, all of the areas within our Site that you visit, and the time of day you visit the Site, among other information. Usage Information also includes the IP address, mobile device identifier, or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier.
Cookies and Local Storage
“Cookies” and local storage are pieces of information (data files) transferred to an individual’s browser on their device when the device is used to visit a site. These technologies are able to store a unique identifier for a device to allow a certain Internet site to recognize the device whenever the device is used to visit the site, and may be used for many purposes, including remembering information that will make your use of the site more convenient. Like most Internet sites, the RMHC Maine Site uses these technologies for a variety of purposes. For example, we use these technologies to serve targeted advertising elsewhere online, to track the total number of visitors to our site on an anonymous, aggregate basis, and to remember you when you return to the Site and remember your preferences. We may associate Personal Information with a data file. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at AllAboutCookies.org. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built into or downloaded by you onto your device. Flash cookies may be used for various purposes, including, without limitation, enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences. For more information about Flash and the privacy choices Adobe offers, visit the Adobe’s Flash Player Settings Manager page. If you choose to disable cookies or to adjust your Flash privacy settings on your device, some features of the Site may not function properly.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may use the information we collect, including Personal Information and Usage Information:
- to enable you to use our Site, and to provide related services and care, including responding to your questions, complaints or comments;
- to process your donation and, as applicable, create your account or personal profile;
- to provide you with information, opportunities, or services that you have requested or that we otherwise believe will interest you, including opportunities to donate and other special opportunities from us and our third-party partners;
- to personalize your experience by tailoring content, recommendations, and opportunities we display to you, both on the Site and elsewhere online;
- for internal business purposes such as to improve our Site and services;
- to administer and process contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- to process information you provide via our Site, including verifying that your email address is active and valid;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations; and
SECURITY AND PAYMENT PROCESSING
We employ commercially reasonable security methods and technologies to help secure the Personal Information we collect and store. Donor information is stored within a donor management database within RMHC Maine. Access to the database is restricted to personnel with a legitimate business need to access or modify the information contained therein. However, no system can be guaranteed 100% secure. We therefore cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, or that we transmit to you, or guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.Ronald Ronald McDonald House Charities uses Blackbaud products for payment processing and payment transactions. Blackbaud represents that it is compliant with PCI DSS requirements, and fully adheres to PCI standards regarding secure payment processing and storage of data, strong access control and other requirements. For further information on this subject please visit Blackbaud’s PCI Compliance page. Since we use a vendor to process credit card payments made through the Site and to store associated payment data, RMHC Maine does not directly collect such payment card information, nor does RMHC Maine store or have access to payment card information submitted online. For donations made offline, RMHC Maine may directly collect, store or have access to payment card information for processing payments, and adheres to PCI DSS requirements for these types of transactions.
Local RMHC/RMH Chapters
Each local RMHC/RMH Chapter is an affiliated independent organization and sub-licensee of RMHC (each a “Chapter”). Some of the local Chapters operate their own websites. When visiting the Internet site or online service of a local RMHC Chapter, the information collected by and through that Internet site or online service is governed by that Chapter’s privacy policies and practices.
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
Companies may be engaged by RMHC Maine to perform a variety of functions, such as assisting with donation collection, providing technical services for our Internet sites, etc. Such companies may have access to Personal Information if needed to perform certain functions. However, these companies may use such Personal Information only for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
Administrative and Legal Reasons
RMHC Maine reserves the right to use or disclose any information (including Personal Information) as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a public safety matter, to protect and defend the legal rights or property of RMHC Maine, our Site or its users, or any other party, or in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our users or the general public.
Sweepstakes, Contests, & Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the provisions, conditions, or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you (including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing materials). If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s terms or official rules (such as on a winners list).
Social Networking Features
Business Transfers & Transitions
In the event RMHC Maine goes through a transition (such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or sale of all or a portion of its assets, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process), your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred. By providing your Personal Information, you agree that we may transfer such information to the acquiring entity without your further consent.
THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS, AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
We work with network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers, and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Site (including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Site), to serve our advertisements elsewhere online, and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Site and the effectiveness of our advertisements. We may share non-Personal Information (including hashed or otherwise de-identified personal information) with service providers for these same purposes. In addition, our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Site and other websites and services and may use this information to target our and third-party advertising to you.
HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, the Site does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit All About Do Not Track (DNT).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by RMHC Maine, including without limitation to the Chapters. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of others.
USERS RESIDING OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please be aware that information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
HOW TO CONTACT US