Thank you for your interest in volunteering at our
Ronald McDonald House in Bangor!
Browse the opportunities available below.
Our Shift Volunteers make our Houses feel like a “home-away-from-home.” Shift Volunteers maintain a set schedule of 3-hour shifts weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Shift Volunteers must be at least 18-years-old and commit to at least 6 months of service, subject to our needs.
- Be the “host or hostess” of our House. Greet guests and visitors, answer phones, help with family check-ins, and give tours as needed.
- Help keep our House clean and organized. Clean and make up guest rooms, maintain House laundry, clean play areas, organize library, wipe down tables, re-stock items around the House, etc.
- Help keep our kitchen spotless for families and guest chefs. Clean out refrigerators, empty dishwashers, re-stock, etc.
Our Guest Chef Program provides a well-balanced meal to warm the hearts and bellies of families when they return from a long day at the hospital. This program is for individuals and groups with a maximum of 8 volunteers at our House in Bangor. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- Family meals should serve approximately 15-20 for the Bangor House.
- Dinner is served buffet style by 6 pm. Guest Chefs should arrive between 4 – 4:30 pm.
- Breakfast is served at 9 am on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Groups should be limited to 8 people.
- All food must be prepared in RMHC’s kitchen, with the exception of food prepared in a commercial kitchen.
- If you plan to grill, please review our instructions on proper use: Grill Instructions
- Complete the Volunteer Application, Background Check and Confidentiality forms, and email to House Manager. (Groups should submit one form using the group lead’s information).
- Download and review the Guest Chef program guidelines for Bangor.
- Find an available date on our Bangor Guest Chef Calendar. Contact House Manager, Whitney by email, or phone (207-942-9003).
Please note: Selected dates are not guaranteed until confirmed by House Manager.
Tab Top Program
Individuals, schools, businesses and corporations can help raise funds by saving tab tops from aluminum cans and recycling them for the proceeds to benefit our Houses. Learn More.
Wish List Drive
Collect items that are crucial to making our House a home. Download a wish list, or shop from the comfort of your home with our Amazon wish list.
Host a Fundraising Event
Host an event and donate the proceeds to benefit our Houses. Office jeans day, garage sale, lemonade stand, you name it! Learn More.